Welcome to beautiful Campbell River located on British Columbia’s Vancouver Island.
Campbell River is famously known as the ‘salmon capital of the world’ and for good reason, but here at 50North Adventures we know it is more than just fishing grounds! Its a place where you feel as one with the raw and natural beauty that nature has to offer. A feeling of being local as you expore and relax in this special part of the world!
50North Adventures provides your access into one of the world’s most diverse outdoor adventure playgrounds and the home to Humpback whales and Orca.
Come and explore this natural enviroment and its untamed wildlife in the protected in-land waters of British Columbia.
Whale watching & Wild Life
Steeped in both Canadian and Indigenous history, right on our doorstep, Campbell River is home to Orca and humpback wales, pacific white sided dolphins, seals, sea lions, otters, 5 species of wild salmon, bald eagles, black bears, brown bears, snow capped mountains and more.
All of this is located in and around the famous waters off Discovery Passage and the Sailish Sea, previously the Straight of Georgia. Campbell River leads you into the beautiful Discovery Islands and Desolation Sound.
In 2017 we had 52 recorded visiting Humpback whales and the endangered “J pod” Orca intereacting with the Northern resident orca at our doorstep throught out the summer.
Truly a photographer’s paradise!
Explore and play in our back yard!
50North Adventures offers daily, adventure tours and experiences on board our beautifully maintained and covered Grady White 265 Express.
- Maximum of 6 guests provides personal attention and plenty of room
- Covered boat with private toilet and washroom facilities
- Ability to roam around the waters with no set tour or schedule to meet
- Family friendly and cater for the needs of children and parents
- Exclusive charters available
- Over 25 years experience in tourism and the marine enviroment around the world
Book your adventure today with 50North Adventures!
Our daily ‘Adventures’ can include:
- Searching for our resident and visiting Humpback and Orca whales
- Listen to the whales talk with our hydrophone
- Cruise around Desolation Sound Marine Park and the Discovery Islands
- Visit places like Refuge Cove, Lund, Mansons Landing, Gorge Harbour, Whale Town, Twin islands to mention a few!
- View beautiful natural waterfalls
- Trawling lures through our famous fishing grounds giving someone a chance to hook onto a big Chinook Salmon
- Inspect a few crab pots for the tasty Dungeness crab
- Explore picturesque bays in search of wild life
- Lunch at one of many unique little resturants or cafe’s only accessible by boat
- A maximum of 6 guests giving you comfort and personalized attention
- Lots of room to move around and equal opportunity to take great photos
- Covered boat with comfortable toilet and washroom facilities
‘Explore the beautiful Discovery Islands & Desolation Sound’
Introducing the new Evinrude E-TEC Gen 2 250HO's to "muscle" us around the waters in 2018. The pure power combustion of the Evinrude E-TEC G2 is so clean-burning that it has up to 75% fewer regulated emissions than competitive four-strokes, making it 100%...read more
Thursdays fun in Seymour Narrows with guests Albert, Barry and Rick watching a special performance by local Humpback whales KC and son Ariel. I think they were getting ready for Canada...read more
Call Now on +1(250)-702-4515
or send us an email below